What does this following lab report indicate?
This is XXXX from XXXXXXX XXXXXXX My wife XXXX XXXXXXX aged 34 was having fever(temp from 102 to 103) for 5 days so our General Physician asked to take the H1N1 and other test for malaria, typhoid. The H1N1 result came POSITIVE and all other test came negative. We got the H1N1 result on 7th day but there was No fever from 6th Day except slight sore throat. Our GP recommend to a Private Hospital. The Doctor in Private hospital informed that as fever is not she need not be admitted and prescribed "FLUVIR - Oseltamivir Capsules IP 75 mg" Tablet Twice for 5 days. The Doctor in Private hospital has asked to come after 5 days tablet is completed. Now she has taken tablet for 3 days. All the family members are asked to take FLUVIR 75mg 1 tablet per day for 10 days. Doctors have recommended H1N1 vaccination only for the family members. Attached the Lab report confirming H1N1 test positive.
Need clarification on next set of treatment (As fewer is not there from 6th day to 10th day)
1. Do we need to take another H1N1 test for my Wife on completing 5 days of FLUVIR tablet?
2. Does my Wife need to take vaccination after completing 5 days of FLUVIR tablet?
3. What is the recommended procedure at the end of completing the Table course for both my Wife and for all the family members.
4. Does my wife and my family members need any regular check after completing the FLUVIR course?
Thanks for your question. I've reviewed the attached report.
I do understand your concern.
As per your queries are concerned :-
1) No need to do any test after completing the antiviral course
2) Vaccination is not compulsory for her but all family members should take it.
3) Stay at home until 7 days, wash hands in hand sanitizes, cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough,
4) No regular check up is required.
I hope I was able to address your query. If you have any further clarifications, please do not hesitate to write back to me.
Wishing you all the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does thyroid lab report indicate to have hypothyroidism
- What do the following symptoms indicate
- What does the lab reports mean
- What does occ in lab reports mean
- What does #39pus vulgaris#39 indicate in a lab report
- Does the lab report indicate celiac disease
- If a get on my lab report hepatitis a reactive what is that
- What does the lab report for fever and diarrhea mean
- What does dl mean on lab reports
- What does hdlc mean on a lab report
- What do the following blood test reports indicate?
- Suggest treatment for chronic cough and lump in the throat
- Suggest a carbohydrate consistent diet
- What causes burning sensation in the stomach and diarrhea?
- Suggest treatment for redness in the eye and headache
- What causes constant ringing noise in the ears and poor vision?
- Suggest treatment for severe leg pain while on Advil
- Suggest treatment for intracranial lesion
- Suggest treatment for Alzheimer's disease
- What does presence of yellow substance on the penis head indicate?