What does this following lab report indicate?

Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi Doctor,

This is XXXX from XXXXXXX XXXXXXX My wife XXXX XXXXXXX aged 34 was having fever(temp from 102 to 103) for 5 days so our General Physician asked to take the H1N1 and other test for malaria, typhoid. The H1N1 result came POSITIVE and all other test came negative. We got the H1N1 result on 7th day but there was No fever from 6th Day except slight sore throat. Our GP recommend to a Private Hospital. The Doctor in Private hospital informed that as fever is not she need not be admitted and prescribed "FLUVIR - Oseltamivir Capsules IP 75 mg" Tablet Twice for 5 days. The Doctor in Private hospital has asked to come after 5 days tablet is completed. Now she has taken tablet for 3 days. All the family members are asked to take FLUVIR 75mg 1 tablet per day for 10 days. Doctors have recommended H1N1 vaccination only for the family members. Attached the Lab report confirming H1N1 test positive.

Need clarification on next set of treatment (As fewer is not there from 6th day to 10th day)
1. Do we need to take another H1N1 test for my Wife on completing 5 days of FLUVIR tablet?
2. Does my Wife need to take vaccination after completing 5 days of FLUVIR tablet?
3. What is the recommended procedure at the end of completing the Table course for both my Wife and for all the family members.
4. Does my wife and my family members need any regular check after completing the FLUVIR course?

Thanks,
XXXX
0000
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details below

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question. I've reviewed the attached report.

I do understand your concern.

As per your queries are concerned :-

1) No need to do any test after completing the antiviral course

2) Vaccination is not compulsory for her but all family members should take it.

3) Stay at home until 7 days, wash hands in hand sanitizes, cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough,

4) No regular check up is required.

I hope I was able to address your query. If you have any further clarifications, please do not hesitate to write back to me.

Wishing you all the best.

Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee