What does this follicular study report indicate?

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi my lmp was on 7/7/16..I underwent follicular study and my follicle ruptured somewhere around 18/7/16...doctor prescribed me susten 200mg for 14 days post ovulation and now I stopped aft completing the course since 3 days... yesterday I got mild bleeding (bright red)..but today no bleeding..I did upt it was negative..am I preg? Am I testing it too early? Should I wait for some time?? S there any possibility of me being preg??
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you may get a serum beta hcg test done.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to HCM,
The bleeding that you received after 3 days post stoppage of susten was the withdrawal bleed and it shouldn't have occurred if there would have been a successful pregnancy as natural progesterones would have been released by placenta , hence causing missed periods.
But urine pregnancy test is actually too early to be performed. If you need to be sure of pregnancy then you should seek a serum beta hcg test which is a blood test and can be done a week prior to onset of menses. If the hcg levels are less than 3mIU then you are surely not pregnant and this was a failed cycle.