What does this follicular study after intercourse indicate?

Posted on Mon, 28 Jul 2014 in Women's Health
Question: i had intercourse with my husband today and day before two days and done my follicular study scan at 15th day of period. Scan Reports : my right ovary : F1 - 10.8 x 8 mm , F2 - 8 x 7 mm and left ovary : F1 - 17 x 12 mm
, F2- 11 x 7 mm ...and my endometrial thickness is 8.6 mm

Can i get pregnant ?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
UPLOAD SCAN REPORT.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us on Healthcare Magic.

Kindly, upload or attach your latest scan report to assist you better and give proper comment according to your query.

You can also send the reports at YYYY@YYYY and address it to my name: Dr. Soumen Patra

Waiting for your response.

Dr Soumen
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. S Patra 34 minutes later
I have uploaded the follicular study report .. please advise.
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
CHANCE OF PREGNANCY IS HIGH.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for uploading follicular study report.

1) I have reviewed your scan report and it indicates progressive rising of LEFT ovarian follicle size (F1 is DOMINANT on D15) in comparison to RIGHT ovarian follicle. Therefore, possibility of spontaneous rupture of LEFT ovarian follicle (F1) is quite HIGH in this context and it will release egg to be fertilized.

2) You should involve in REGULAR unprotected sex till D20 or confirmation of follicle rupture on scan to maximize the chance of pregnancy. Alternatively, you can use Ovulation Prediction Kit (LH Kit) to track down ovulation time. It is available in medical store.

Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. S Patra

OB and GYN Specialist