What does this fecalysis report indicate?

Excellent

Question
My 3-month old baby's fecalysis result is:

Color: Yellowish
Consistency: Watery
Pus cells: 0-2 / HPF
Red blood cells: 0-2 / HPF
Yeast cells: FEW

Just want to know if this is alright or is there any problem?
Wed, 9 May 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
normal results

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

The color- yellow- is fine, baby's stool can be this color. Watery stool is also occasionally common in babies but if he or she is having very frequent watery stool, it may indicate that he or she has diarrhea.
Diarrhea is usually due to a viral or bacterial infection of the colon but this is not likely the case here because there are very little PUS cells

Pus cells are found when an infection is present, 0-2 means that they did not find any in the stool sample.
No Red Blood cells (blood), were found. It is normal to have no blood or no pus cells.

Yeast cells --FEW-- if he or she has a slight diaper rash or thrush , both of which are caused by yeast, this would explain the presence of the yeast.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions

Follow-up: What does this fecalysis report indicate? 13 minutes later
hi dr XXXXXXX thank you for your prompt response. just got worried cause my baby boy has pooped 7-8 times today already, though some were just small amounts accompanied when he farts. he is still energetic though he would go right after his milk consumption

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
they can sometimes stool after each feed

Detailed Answer:
HI

Yes, bowel movements right after a feed can occur. To a parent it almost feels as though the feed is going right through them ( i know i felt that way when mine were babies).

Once he is still energetic as normal, that is good and also still has an appetite (same desire to feed as normal)

If you notice a decrease in activity or feeding or decreased wet pampers or more irritability then this would be concerning

The fact that some of the movements occurred with passing air makes is less worrying

The stool analysis did not show any evidence of infection or blood

Follow-up: What does this fecalysis report indicate? 3 minutes later
thank you doctor XXXXXXX i am relieved!

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
no problem

Detailed Answer:
Glad to help

if you have any other concerns , can let me know