What does this endoscopy test report indicate?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I just had an endoscopy and the findings show a malignant appearing intrinsic moderate stenosis and a small HH. What does thus mean?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload the entire report!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about all these findings and all the inconveniences this must have caused you. I am sure you must have been worried by this malignant appearing phrase. I will address this fully. To be of most help, it is important to review the entire report. This is because a lineman be misleading as other non conclusive elements are really needed for a comprehensive interpretation and second opinion. For this reason, I will suggest that you kindly upload the report for a personalized and helpful response.

To upload an image, click on the upload icon to the right of your dashboard and follow the onscreen instructions. You may also send it directly to customer service at YYYY@YYYY and request that it should be uploaded to your query.

I hope to hear from you and promise to respond promptly. Until next, I wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 17 hours later
Here is the exact wording under Findings:

A malignant appearing, intrinsic moderate (circumferential scarring or stenosis; an endoscope may pass) stenosis was found 31 cm from the incisors and was traversed. Extends to about 37 cm GEj Small HH from 37 to 40 cm Biopsies were taken with a cold forceps for histology.

A small hiatus hernia was present.

Did you receive the Endoscopy report and if yes, do you have anything to add?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Let’s wait for the biopsy report!

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed the report. The only thing is to follow up with m when the biopsy results are back. At that time, more specific information would be provided and a plan on how to go about this suggested. Though this sounds like cancer may be blamed, we need be careful in our approach.

I hope to hear from you.