What does this electrocardiogram report indicate?

Dr. Shashi Dangwal

Pulmonologist

Posted on Wed, 7 Sep 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Dear Doctor,
I had been having slight pinching sensation towards the left side of my chest and it seems to travel till my left shoulder/arm.
I have got an ECG done. Can you kindly provide your opinion/analysis on the attached ECG report.
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your ECG appears to be normal

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for posting your query on HCM.

Your symptoms appear to be of nonspecific chest pain.

The ECG also is normal except that it shows T wave inversion in lead III. This is a normal finding in most of the ECGs

But if you have persistence of symptoms or they worsen, I suggest that you consult a cardiologist esp if you are a smoker, have diabetes mellitus or have a family history of heart disease.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Shashi Dangwal 43 minutes later
Hello Ma'am,

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I am a smoker and have been advised to quit the same and hopefully will be able to do so too.
Currently, I have been told that I have gastric issues and hence the pinching feeling. Along with that, I was feeling bit dizzy and tired. I am on medication for the same.
Looking at the ECG report, I have been told by a fellow practitioner that one of the heart vein (I think the right artery) is under mild pressure; hence wanted to confirm once with you on how serious/intense does the situation from report looks like ?

Many Thanks,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Its not serious but consult a cardiologist

Detailed Answer:

There is just one finding in one lead ie T wave inversion in lead III which mostly is a normal variation.

Yes the symptoms could be due to excess gas or acid production. but to allay your anxiety and in view of history of smoking, I suggest you consult a cardiologist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj