• question-icon

What does this echocardiogram report indicate?

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have a history of ASD repair 30 years ago. It left me with RBBB amd bradycardia.
I had an ECG today that said " left atrial abnomality" . Would this finding be signiciant considering my history?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Almost sure it is related to your previous history, nothing to worry about

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Left atrial abnormality is not a significant conclusion made after reading an ECG, and if you could either upload the ECG here or ask any medical personnel to read it for you, we should have a more definite conclusion.

I would also like to add that whenever an atrial abnormality is seen, it is usually nothing serious requiring no medical intervention at all. But as you have a very clear history of ASD, the ECG report points towards that only, I am almost completely sure about that.

But in all likeliness the ECG changes should be due to your history, and RBBB is commonly seen in all patients who have been diagnosed with ASD.

I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.
Dr. Shoaib Khan