What does this comprehensive metabolic panel test result indicate?

Dr. T Shobha Deepak

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in Kidney Conditions
Question: I have been progressively getting sicker over the past 2 years. I was recently hospitialized for pneumocystis, diabetes and hypertension. During this stay a gallbladder test revealed it to be working at 40%, doctor said that was okay and they noticed cysts on my kidney, didn't address even though I have had past kidney failure with 3x dialysis and numerous lab tests showing the kidneys ae compromised. Comprehensive Metabolic panel today showed the following abnormal results: Chloride 112, BUN 26, Creatinine 1.1, GFR 60. Magnesium was 1.4, uric acid 7.3, sed rate 48.. I would just like to know should I be concerned with all this. I have also been told years ago that I had lupus, since then the doctors have flipped and flopped about that diagnosis so I don't know what to believe on that.
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Renal function is normal

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Ms

Let me first reassure you the investigations are within normal limit. Decreased function of gall bladder without associated symptoms and normal ultrasound is very reassuring and there is definitely no cause for concern. Your Serum Creatinine level is well within normal limit. The increased Sedimentation rate could be multifactorial.
If the cyst of kidney are simple( clear lining and clear content) then there is no cause for concern. Also individuals with long duration of diabetes may develop cyst in kidney. Do get back to me detailed report for further assessment.

Awaiting your response

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr Shobha Deepak