What does this chest X-ray report indicate?

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist

Posted on Fri, 26 Aug 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: WHAT SHOULD I DO FOR UNFOLDING OF THE AROTA
FOUND BY RADIOLOGIST

ON SEEING THE XRAY OUR RADIOLOGIST REPORTS
BONY CAGE: NORMAL
CARDIAC OUTLINE : UNFOLDING OF THE AROTA
PROMINENT BRONCHO VASCULAR MARKINGS

I WOULD LIKE TO WHAT SHOULD I DO OR WHAT MEDICINE SHOULD I TAKE FOR
RECTIFYING IT.
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Unfolding of aorta is a normal finding due to aging

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

Unfolding of aorta is an acceptable finding in elderly people and nothing needs to be done to correct it. Unfolding of aorta is an observation on chest x ray which shows that the aortaic arch has opened up due to aging and is not a disease.

Prominent bronchovascular markings can be due to aging or mild infection. If you have any cough symptoms then discuss with your doctor.

Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.