What does this breast ultrasound report indicate?
How are you? I hope everything is going well.
The last time I had got in touch with you with regards to an expected early, light period. You had suggested me to see a GYN just for a check. Although I delayed my doctor's visit a lot, I have finally seen her yesterday.
She conducted a vaginal ultrasound and said that everything looks normal. While viewing the images she did ask me if I get light bleeding and not heavy. For which I said "yes". It did not occur to me at that point to ask her why she asked me that question, although I am wondering about it now...! Anyway, she did say everything looks normal and she also told me I was ovulating. She also took a PAP smear.
Yesterday I also collected the breast ultrasound scan which I did long back in Feb 2015. I am attaching the same in this email. Everything is normal however I just didn't understand one point about a lymph node that is stated in the report. Your advice would definitely help.
Thanking you in advance.
Have explained both aspects.
Thank you for the update.
It is always nice hearing from you.
Sorry for the delay in the response, I had no internet access for a few hours.
I am glad that everything is normal, and there is no sign of the polyp again.
Basically around the time you are ovulating, the endometrium ( lining of the uterus ) should be of a certain thickness.
While doing the scan, if that lining appears thinner, the doctor can guess that the woman will be having a light period, and not heavy, since there is less of the lining to shed off during periods.
Does that clarify the point to you ?
I have reviewed the breast scan also.
It is perfectly normal.
Regarding your question on the nodes, you know that there are lymph nodes in the armpit ( axilla ).
Sometimes when you have a cough / cold or a boil in that area, the lymph nodes get slightly enlarged as a defensive mechanism.
That is called physiological enlargement.
That was seen on the scan.
Sometimes a small boil / rash on the area can trigger this.
But it is as good as negligible, you can actually consider it as a normal finding, there is nothing to worry about that.
Hope the information helped you.
Looking forward to hearing from you .
Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, now both points are clearer to me. It is always a relief to know everything is ok.
As I mentioned to you before my periods have become light after they removed the other ovary. Is there something to do further to rectify this or u can just leave it as it is? It wouldn't harm to have thinner uterine lining right?
It is natural, no need to do anything about it.
Thank you for the appreciation.
See the ovary secretes hormones that affect the periods.
So with one ovary, yes, periods might become lighter.
But that is no problem at all, unless you are planning to conceive .
Also, there is nothing to be done to rectify it.
Even with both ovaries intact, many women begin to experience lighter bleeding during periods in their 30s, so it is a natural process.
There is no harm at all.
Dont worry about it.
Thank you for the assurance and advice. I am not planning to conceive now but maybe in the near future.
I will be going for my regular scan and blood test for the borderline issue. Once the results are in, I will update you.
Take care and have a good weekend.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Breast ultrasound instead of mammogram
- Dilated ducts breast ultrasound
- Breast ultrasound results
- Abnormal breast ultrasound results
- Spot on breast ultrasound
- Breast ultrasound false positives
- Dark spots on breast ultrasound
- Lumps in breast ultrasound clear any other accurate test
- I need a breast ultrasound
- Gynecology ultrasound done what does the report indicate
- Hymen not ruptured. Can I insert finger in the vagina?
- Want to conceive, have fundal subseraus fibroid. What kind of treatment...
- Pregnant. Having ovarian cyst. Has nausea and vomiting. Prescribed folic...
- Increasing red spots on abdomen since hysterectomy. Had been for...
- Had 3 times intercourse within a cycle. Took postinor and used...
- Is it safe to use contraceptive pills like i pill? Side effects?
- Had menorrhagia. Ultrasound showed uterus enlarged. Treatment?
- Had D&C and hysterscopic procedure. Prescribed Tranexamic acid. Having...
- Pregnant, in third trimester, advised 4d scan. Will it cause any harm to...
- Looking for help for Pemphigoid Bullous in throat, mouth and hands?