• question-icon

What does this blood test report indicate?

Posted on Thu, 6 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My wife who is 32, had been suffering from pain in Thumb joint & wrist on LHS. Then pain felt increased to her shoulder joint slowly in few days. She visited a local doctor who after diagnosis prescribed BLOOD TEST for Vit-D3, Cal, Uric Acid. TEST REPORT IS ENCLOSED. As found in report vit-D3 levels were low. Doctor prescribed dose of 60000Ui of vit-D3 XXXXXXX to be taken 3 in first week and 2 in 2nd week and 1 in every week of next two months. TILL NOW She has taken 3 + 2 = 5 sachets of vit-D3 XXXXXXX (60000Ui). ............. For the last 10 days, she had been feeling feverish though the fever doens't increase more than 100............. Then our local doctor prescribed CBC & Widal test..... Which shows little +ve in widal and less blood cells. .............. KINDLY GIVE YOUR PRECIOUS OPINION ..... Also further it is informed that my wife has been taking 50mg of (Altroxine for Thyroid) for the last 4 years. Thyroid test was also carried out before the above detailed problem a month ago..... Kindly help out.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Treatment with suitable antibiotics needs to be done

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I have checked the attached reports. The Vitamin D level is indeed low and treatment seems to be proceeding in right lines. However, daily maintenance with calcium+vitamin D3 is also needed.

The fact that Widal test is positive is seemingly unrelated. In such a case treatment with suitable antibiotics like ofloxacin would be necessary.

The thyroid issue is unrelated as well. Treatment is on the right lines and should be continued

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 24 hours later
Thank you so much sir for your precious words.

Sir,

Please find attached CBC / Urine Culture reports.

So that further you may enlighten / guide us for better treatment.

Thanks & Regards.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Antibiotic treatment can be opted for

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. I have checked the attached reports. The urine culture shows growth of Staph epidermidis. This organism is rather a likely contaminant as it is normally present on the skin. However if symptomatic, treatment with the mentioned sensitive antibiotics like cefuroxime or amoxycillin can be done. She also needs to drink plenty of water.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha