What does this blood report indicate?

Excellent

Question
dr Ditah can you look at the bloodworks
Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
See below!

Detailed Answer:

You have:

1. Iron deficiency anemia. This might be caused by insufficient iron intake or continuous blood loss in small quantities. If you have not had a recent colonoscopy exam, I strongly recommend one. Also, continue the iron as recommended by your doctor to help build new red cells.

2. You have vitD deficiency. Your doctor has already prescribed a pill for this. In addition, endeavor to get as much sunlight exposure as possible as this increases vitD synthesis.

3. If you have diabetes, it is well controlled. If you don't, know that the blood sugars are rising higher than the normal but not high enough for the diagnosis of diabetes. Regular exercise, weight control and healthy diet would help address this.

4. All other findings are normal and require no further intervention at this time.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.

Follow-up: What does this blood report indicate? 9 days later
Dr Ditah

an you have a look at the blood work thanks

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
See below!!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for following up with me.

1. Your hemoglobin is rising. Good sign that iron is effectively addressing your anemia. Your VitD is also improving.

2. You need treatment for bad cholesterol. I strongly recommend a statin.

3. Are you a female or male? It is strange seeing a PSA titer. However, it is high and I will like a urologist to review this. At your age, this really needs no aggressive management.

4. Your blood sugar is normal and needs no immediate attention.

I wish you well. Feel free to get back to me if you have any lingering concerns.

Follow-up: What does this blood report indicate? 39 minutes later
continuous blood loss in small quantities where from?i do take vitamin D3 1000iu
2 a day

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Small leakages often occur in the intestines

Detailed Answer:

This often happens in the intestines. Because you have a good response to oral iron intake, this is less likely and makes poor intake as probable cause.

I wish you well.