What does this blood report indicate?
My name is XXXX XXXXXXX and I am a 34 year old male. In the last 1-2 year I have gained weight, almost 10 kilos (currently I am 88 kgs).
I have recently done my Master Health Check-up and following are my Cholesterol and blood sugar test results-
Blood Test results as of 29 XXXXXXX 2017
Cholesterol Total 202
(Desirable <=200 mg/dL)
HDL Cholesterol 56
(Desirable >40 mg/dL)
(Desirable <150 mg/dL)
T. Cholesterol/HDL Ratio 3.6
Desirable <5 (calc)
Direct LDL Cholesterol 114
(Desirable <=100 mg/dL)
LDL/HDL RATIO 2.0
VLDL CHOL, CALCULATED 56
(Diabetic) Blood Tests
eAG 116.9 mg/dL
My Triglycerides/cholesterol levels are bothering me. Please let me know how bad my is cholesterol report? What should I do to control my cholesterol and blood sugar levels?
Thanks for query.
Your lipids are mildly deranged.
No medical treatment is required.
For next 3 month follow strict life style modification changes.
Walk at a rate of 5 km/hr for 7 days a week for 30 min.
Do strenous physical exercise for atleast 3 times a week.If possible hit gym.
Eat lots of fibers in your diet.
Avoid carbohydrates with high glycemic index like sugar, white rice,sweet fruits.
Cap prelipid(Natural) take it twice daily for 3 months.
Use safolla olive or rice XXXXXXX oil.
Take omega 3 fatty acids(Fish oil) daily.
Start swimming or cycling.
Eat natural organic and low fat food.
Repeat lipid profile after 3 months.
if still deranged start taking Rosuvastatin 5 mg once daily at bed time.
You sugars are fine and need no treatment.
Follow up are welcome.
>> Take omega 3 fatty acids(Fish oil) daily.
By this you mean some supplementary tablets/gels? If it is safe to take Omega 3 fatty acids in form of gels or tablets, can you suggest me which one should I take and how many each day?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- What does my sons blood report indicate
- What does these blood reports for salmonella typhi indicate
- What does mild anisopoikilocytosis indicate in a blood report
- What does my blood sugar report indicate
- What does my blood report indicate
- Done with blood work what does the report indicate
- What does the blood and semen analysis report indicate
- What do reactive lymphocytes indicate in blood report
- Blood cholesterol test done what does the report indicate