• question-icon

What does this blood report indicate?

Posted on Wed, 19 Jul 2017 in Lupus
Question: Hello
After a beesting ( not sure if it was the issue ) but i started to get localized swelling in the bsting area for 3 weeks. Started to notice edmea in hands forearms legs ankles. Also have tonsils swelling but no pain. And a constant cough. Went to ent specialist and he said that there was nothing exciting about the tonsils and an underlying issue was causing the the tonisl swelling.
Had blood test done and AST now at 427. ALT at 375 , GGT 74 and Albumin is 32 which is low.
Creatine Kinase is at 11386 after originally being 7874 12 days earlier. Neutrophils are slightly high at 8.3 and platelets are at 456. EBV VCA IgG Detected but IgM not detected. CRP is at 54. ENA screen came back Positive for RO-52. Hep A B and C Serology are negative. Antinuclear Abs (ANA) came back Positive mixed Homogenous & Speckled (Titre 1:640)

I barely drink any alchohol at all. I have astma and have had XXXXXXX and gladular fever before. I also have alergies to dogs and grass.

Thankyou for your time
Answered by Dr. Naval Mendiratta 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Muscle Inflammation

Detailed Answer:
good evening

Thank you for writing on health care magic

Well, but your symptoms and lab parameters point towards muscle inflammation. High CPK,AST and ALT along with swelling of the hands and ANA positive indicates an autoimmune cause, that is your body is attacking your own body. The reason for cough may be the muscle of the throat may be inflamed which is causing cough

I would recommend you visit a rheumatologist early. Get EMG NCV done to confirm the muscle disease...You will need to be started on early steroids to control the process

Hope the information was useful.
Do let me know for more queries

Dr naval
Follow up: Dr. Naval Mendiratta 23 minutes later
Hello

And thankyou for the reply.

I have an apointment with a rheumotoligist tomorrow. I also
wanted to add the ultrasound results for your comment are as follows.
-Abnormal Liver Function Test
-The liver shows generalised increase in parenchymal echogenicity, non-specific -but likely reflects fatty infiltration. The gallbladder shows no calcius within its -lumen. Areas of the ring-down artefact from the gallblader wall at the gastric -fundus could reflect tiny polyps or cholesterolosis. There is no abnormal dilation -of the biliary tree. The spleen has been measured at 12cm in span, no focal -lesion is identified.
-The kidneys do show mild prominence of the renal collecting system and the -pelvis bilaterally. No obstructive lesion has been demonstrated. The urinary -blader is unrearkable. No free fluid in the abdomen.

end of report

Could you explain this to me so i can understand it better please

Answered by Dr. Naval Mendiratta 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound report

Detailed Answer:
Good evening

Well, the raised liver enzymes are due to muscle inflammation rather than the liver disease. Your ultrasound shows mild infiltration of fat in the liver, which is a common finding seen in lot of patients. But the mild infiltration doesnt co relate with such high levels of your enzymes.

As for the Gall bladder report on ultrasound, it is a bit non specific. Maybe a small polyp or a stone remnant which may not be significant here...

As for the kidneys being prominence, I would suggest you repeat the ultrasound for it after 4 weeks..It is a possibility that there may have been a stone which caused back pressure...And for now it is not visible. So we will need to see the further status of it

I hope the information was useful

DO let me know for more queries

Dr Naval
Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist