• question-icon

What does this blood report indicate?

Posted on Wed, 19 Jul 2017 in Kidney Conditions
Question: AIC 5.9
Creatinine 1.5
MICROALBINUM RANDOM 1
MCHC 31.7
EGFR 45
RDW 16
AGE 74
YOUR ADVICE
THANKS
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can you kindly upload this entire report?

Detailed Answer:

Thanks so much for this query. I have reviewed your information and would appreciate having the entire report as there are often further details required for a comprehensive interpretation of your results on the report that you have not reported. While waiting:

1. Your A1C is perfect and requires no further attention. This is used to tell whether your diabetes is well manged (for diabetic) or diagnose diabetes(persons with no known diagnosis of diabetes). It is either your diabetes is well controlled if you are diabetic or you don't have diabetes.

2. I will like to see the report. However, values less than 0.3g/l are considered normal.

3. MCHC/: I will like to see the entire blood test report. This seems lower than recommended. Same goes to RDW(higher than normal).

4. YOur creatinine and EGFR show that the kidneys are not functioning as they should. Is this teh first time with worrisome results or is this something known to you? I hope to hear back from you.

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.

Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Thanks Dr for your report.

I have enclosed my 4-page report from Nephrologist done on 6/22/17. Please confirm if you received all the four pages
Enclosed also is my blood work done by Primary care Physician on 6/21/17 3 Pages
Please confirm if you received all the three pages

No I had this scare before around a year ago but somehow it settled done.

I am taking the following medications:

Losarton 100 mg a day. Until yesterday I have been taking 50 mg a day. May be that is the root cause. My nephrologist asked me to take 100mg a day

Onglyza for diabetes 5mg a day

Zetia for Cholesterol 10 mg a day

Asprin 81mg a dy

Zoloft 200 mg a day

Buspirone 10 mg a day
I believe some of these medications may be affecting my kidneys. Or I may have to change the dosage of some medicaions especially for sugar and Blood Pressure. May be sugar dosage has to go up. My Nephrologist report shows AIC as 5.9 but my PCP shows 6.3.

I believe I have to work both ways in my medications delete some and adjust the dosage of others.

I am look for advice from you

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 2 days later
Brief Answer:
I have received both documents!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the reports.

1. Your blood test is normal. The MCHC and RDW in the context of the entire picture is normal.

2. Your A1C of 5.9 and 6.3 are normal and well below the target of 7.0 for diabetic patients.

3. Losartan is not known to cause renal failure. None of these medications either is known to cause renal failure. I will recommend that you repeat this test in one month.

4. Is your blood pressure well controlled? What were the last measured values? This seems the most likely contributing factor as the diabetes is super controlled.

I hope this helps and guides. Feel free to follow up with me as need be.
Dr. Ivo Ditah