What does this blood report indicate?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Sat, 1 Apr 2017 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: Hi:
My recent blood test shows my GGT level is 66, and my ALT (SGPT) IS 37. What do I need to do?
and will running and exercising help decrease those level? I am a female, 5.6 and athlete i weight 135.

i have been having light headaches, diarrhea and bloody nose in the last week. does this have anything to do with the low level in the GGT AND ALT?

thank you for the advise.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your liver functions are normal.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query on this forum.

Normal values of SGPT range from 7 to 56 units per liter of serum.The normal range of GGT is 0-45 U/L.However these values differ from laboratory to laboratory.Hence levels should be checked in refrence to normal value considered by a particular lab or hospital.For any clinical significance the level of enzymes should be raised atleast twice the normal value or should be just one forth of the normal levels.Mild deranged values have no significance as such.
Yes exercising and regular running helps you to remain healthy.Doing strenous exercises atleast 30 minutes a day reduces the chances of developing Fatty liver disease by atleast 90% in future.

As per your query no Your symptoms have nothing to do with mildly deranged liver enzymes level.

In case you have any other query i would be happy to answer.
If possible please attach a copy of your liver function test with follow up question.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 21 minutes later
Thank you for the answers.

I have attache my lap report showing other results. please review and let me know if anything needs attentions.

anything on the report explains why I been having diarrhea, light headache, and blood nose.

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow up answer.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,
Have gone through your reports,Your liver functions are fine.As already explained above a doctor never treats numbers he treats patients.A mild derangement is significant for a patient having history of Liver disease but In a normal person it has no significance.
Your liver is fine.
As per your query regarding your symptoms Nose bleed can be because of increased blood pressure.Please get your blood pressure checked up.Medically nose bleed is called epistaxis.It can also be caused by nose picking.

Loose stools and dizziness is indicative of Gastroenteritis.Due to viral bacterial or protozoal infection the mucosa of intestine get inflammed and infected,medically this condition is called Gastroenteritis.Dizziness is due to loss of body fluids and essential electrolytes.I would suggest you to drink plenty of water and electrolyte to restore hydration and depleted electolyte levels.
In most of the cases gastroenteritis is self limiting and will settle down in 5-7 days.However a stool test should be done to rule out bacterial or protozoal infection,Because in that case antibiotic therapy will be given for 3-5 days.
Take any over counter probiotic twice daily,It will help you to recover fast.

In case you have any further query i would be glad to help.
Regards.