What does this blood report indicate?

Dr. Geeta Sundar

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Can you please review this blood test and let me know how things look?
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I find your haemogram absolutely normal.

Detailed Answer:
Hi welcome to Health care magic. I have had a look at your reports.

Do you have any concerns?
If there are any, please let me know--regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Geeta Sundar 17 minutes later
Are my RBCs normal? Do labs have different standards or are they all the same? How dramatic of a jump would be cause for concern?

Also, are there any signs of cancer?

Also, is there any concern when something is high but still in the normal range? Or would it be out of the standard range if there was an issue?

Hello?

Are you still getting my questions?
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
For blood counts all labs have the same standard levels.

Detailed Answer:
Your RBC's are in normal range.
There are no signs of cancer.
If some levels are in upper normal range it is not cause for concern, but we would definitely like to monitor it say once in a fortnight to make sure it is not going out of range.
In your case your hemoglobin !7--is in that category.
I would monitor to make sure it does not cross 18 gms%.
I do not think there is a cause for worry.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Geeta Sundar 20 minutes later
What would cause Hemoglobin to do this?
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
good nutrition (iron rich foods), good absorption of iron or both

Detailed Answer:
It may be because of good nutrition (iron rich foods), good absorption of iron.
If it goes beyond 18 gms% then it could be due to a condition called Polycyathemia, or generally due to over functioning of bone marrow in conditions where oxygen levels are low as in high altitudes,smokers, lung and heart diseases or receiving an injection called erythropoitin.

---regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Geeta Sundar 6 hours later
But my levels are currently below the criteria of Polycyathemia. Is this a condition that comes and goes?
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
at present you definitely do not have any problem

Detailed Answer:
Hi at present you definitely do not have any problem and I did not want to scare you with possibilities. But since you asked again, I have told you about them.
You do not have polycyathemia. And it is not a condition that comes and goes.
But like I said, there is no harm in following up.