What does this blood report indicate?

Dr. Vaishalee Punj

Posted on Sat, 11 Mar 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: please find attached report of my mother. please suggest
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vitamin D deficiency

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Your mother XXXXXXX is deficient in vitamin D as per the report. How is her serum Calcium levels?

She may take Vitamin D supplements like XXXXXXX Dvion 60000 IU half a XXXXXXX per week for 3 months. If she is deficient in calcium also, then it will also need to be added.

Checck the vitamin D levels again in 3 months.

Hope it helps.
Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Vaishalee Punj 24 hours later
my Dr has suggested uprise 3. calcium levels are okay rest all other reports are okay what should I take
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can take Uprise D3

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Yes you can take either of these two. These are same medicines with different brand names. Uprise D3 is available in three doses, so if you are in doubt about dose, you can check with me about that. I personally believe that Vitamin D3 should be taken in lower doses so that it does not cause side effects.

Dr Vaishalee

Follow up: Dr. Vaishalee Punj 38 hours later
blemishes on skin and dry cough is the cause of vitamin d deficiency?
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 28 hours later
Brief Answer:
Some evidence of it

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

There is some research evidence available to state that vitamin D deficiency may cause skin problems and dry cough but it is not confirm. Vitamin D supplementation may help in these conditions.

Blemishes and dry cough cause vitamin D deficiency-this statement is incorrect.

Dr Vaishalee