What does this blood report indicate?

Dr. Rahul Tawde

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Blood Disorders
Question: I just got my blood test results back my wbc was13.8 my mcv 98.2 abs neutrophils 9.3 abs lymph 3.4 all were high last year my results were all fine . I feel fine what do the results mean?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Thank you for posting your question on HealthcareMagic.
The cut off for wbc is 10,000 your values are high this could be due to 2 to 4 reasons.
One if your haemoglobin is low or if you are having and blood loss, but since you said you are not having any symptoms this is ruled out .
Are you on steroids for any problem? as even that could raise the WBC .
The next most important reason is if there is any kind of infection in the body .
Even if you have slight symptom like burning in the urine or a swelling anywhere in the body which appeared off late please get it investigated.
As sometimes infection could manifest without fever also.
Hope this helps
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D