What does this biopsy report indicate?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2018
Jan 2018
Question
I recently had a cervical biopsy following an ASCUS/HRHPV+ pap screening. Two samples were taken at the biopsy (although the Dr. said during the colposcopy that she almost didn't even take a sample and it would probably come back mild changes). The results were as follows:
-Endocervix, curettings "Suboptimal sample showing exuberant necrosis." The sample size was 1.5 x 1.0 cm aggregate of mucoid material.
-Cervix at 11 o'clock position "High grade squamous intraepithelial lesion (CIN III).
I am quite worried, especially given the "necrosis" in the endocervix. Is this something to worry about or can you explain why there may be necrotic tissue?
In the past 6 months, I did have 2 MRI abdominal/pelvic scans and 1 abdominal/pelvic CT scan. I do have Chron's disease with a rectovaginal fistula. Could that be throwing off the endocervix biopsy?
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chrohns disease isn't related. Surgical and medical options.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, I have understood your concern and I will suggest you the best possible treatment options.

Please calm down, don't panic.

As per your reports, it is clearly stating the condition as CIN III...
Fortunately, this is a very early diagnosis of non-invasive pathology.
Usually, meticulous total hysterectomy is more than sufficient for the condition.

Also, there are certain options available if you are planning not opt for the hysterectomy.

Please let me know if you have any plans for conservation of the uterus.
This will help me to suggest you other modalities of the treatment.

I hope this answer helps you. Feel free to ask further.

Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar