What does this biopsy report indicate?

Dr. Jawahar Ticku

Oncologist

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Cancer
Question: I am attaching the most recent biopsy report here. I request you to please help me decode. I understand this is classified as Breast Cancer. Is it malignant? How do I know if it is just a lump or has spread over the body? Is Radiation therapy necessary? Will surgery help it remove totally and she will be fine?
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Breast cancer

Detailed Answer:
DEAR XXXXXXX
THANKS FOR POSING YOUR QUERY.

I DO NOT FIND THE ATTACHMENT REGARDING THE BIOPSY REPORT.
I THINK IT IS ABOUT BREAST. PLEASE FURNISH THE DETAILS OF THE LUMP i.e SIGHT, SIZE OF THE LUMP , FEEL ON THE CLINICAL EXAMINATION , X-RAY OR CT SCAN IF ANY AND THE BIOPSY REPORT SO THAT CORRECT OPINION CAN BE GIVEN.

YOU CAN UPLOAD THE REPORT. YOU CAN ALSO SEND IT IN EMAIL AT YYYY@YYYY AND ADDRESS IT TO MY NAME: DR XXXXXXX TICKU

THANKS.
TRULY
DR. J. TICKU

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Jawahar Ticku 12 minutes later
I have attached the report just a few minutes after submitting the query. I have attached it again and also sent in the email.
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
BREAST CANCER

Detailed Answer:
DEAR XXXXXXX

YES I HAVE RECEIVED THE BIOPSY REPORT THROUGH MY E MAIL.
AS PER THIS REPORT IT IS CONFIRMED THAT SHE IS SUFFERING FROM BREAST MALIGNANCY. SINCE THE BIOPSY WAS DONE IT WAS BETTER IF OTHER TESTS WERE DONE WITH IT WHICH INCLUDED HORMONE RECEPTOR ASSAY AND HeR ASSAY.
ALONG WITH THIS A CT SCAN OF CHEST OR A PET SCAN IS INDICATED WHICH WILL DETERMINE THE EXTENT AND STAGING OF THE DISEASE. ON THAT BASIS FURTHER TREATMENT IS RECOMMENDED, WHETHER TO GO FOR COMPLETE REMOVAL OF THE BREAST WITH AXILLARY NODE REMOVAL OR SIMPLE LUMPECTOMY FOLLOWED BY BY FURTHER MANAGEMENT.
IT IS CERTAIN THAT MORE MANAGEMENT IS NEEDED ON THE BASIS OF THIS BIOPSY REPORT.

TRULY,
DR. J. TICKU
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Jawahar Ticku 1 hour later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX

Thank you for your response. I have a few further questions. With the attached that I sent you earlier, do you know if this cancerous cells have spread anywhere else in the body? Are there chances that these have spread to things like liver, bone or any other place? How do we determine if that has happened?

Thanks again for your time and response.
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
BREAST CANCER

Detailed Answer:
DEAR XXXXXXX
THANKS FOR RETURN FOR MORE QUERIES.
THE QUESTIONS YOU ARE ASKING, FOR ANSWER OF THOSE ONLY I HAVE RECOMMENDED THE OTHER INVESTIGATIONS.
IN MOST OF THE CASES IF THE INVESTIGATIONS ASKED FOR ARE NORMAL, THERE ARE LEAST CHANCES OF THE SPREAD OF THE DISEASE TO BONES ,LIVER OR ANY OTHER PART OF THE BODY.
THE TREATMENT GIVEN AFTER SURGERY IS MOSTLY PROPHYLACTIC CALLED ADJUVANT TREATMENT.
YOU MOTHER WILL DO VERY WELL AFTER THE TREATMENT.

TRULY,
DR. TICKU
Follow up: Dr. Jawahar Ticku 16 minutes later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX

This is encouraging news. I pray to GOD Almighty that all her other reports are normal.

Best,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
BREAST CA

Detailed Answer:
THANK YOU XXXXXXX AND BEST WISHES.

DR. TICKU

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee