What does this biopsy report indicate?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hello Dr. Tayal, I got my biopsy report back and the nurse said the dr recommended a hysteroscopy to remove some polyps but didn't say how many, etc and I was wondering if this surgery is necessary? Thank yoU!
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hysteroscopy will help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
It seems that during an endometrial; biopsy small polyps have been detected in uterine cavity. These can cause an irregular vaginal bleeding. A hysteroscopy will reveal the exact number and size of polyps and will help in their removal also. It is best to get the procedure done to stop the irregular bleeding.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Hello Dr. Tayal, will the procedure be painful? I am obese too will there will be a signficant risk if I go under general sedation? Ty!
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be done under sedation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The procedure is mildly painful. It can be done under sedation. You can discuss regarding this with your gynecologist.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.