• question-icon

What does this angiogram report indicate?

Posted on Thu, 2 Jun 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Please see my dad's angiogram and stent operation performed.I wanted to have a second opinion on this.

Please download the file located at
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5pEhdidZEfHWUlPNW1CbVdqc1E and let me know if all the process had been done correct.Can increase in stress/BP in 2 months cause heart attack with reports being normal till last 2 months.

Please let me know if you are able to access the link else let me know how to share the video
Answered by Dr. Divakara 30 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not able to access documents.

Detailed Answer:
HI

I am not able to get access to open your document. Kindly upload it directly to this query.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Divakara 47 hours later
ecosprin 150mg, storvas 40mg, deplatt, betaloc 25 mg, orfer-xt, restyl 0.5 mg.Taking pan40 mg for gas.Does taking restyl 0.5 mg has any side effects or is it safe to take daily.Can you prescribe any syrup/tab for gas free stomach.He is getting legs and ankle pains.Are this due to the above medicines or he needs to take any other medicines
Answered by Dr. Divakara 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
restyl can be taken for long term.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Thanks for the information.

Coming to your first query. Restyl at 0.5mg doesn't have any significant side effects and can be taken for long time ( if needed ) . The only problem is with continued use, the efficacy of restyl comes down and your father may have to increase the dose to get sleep . At higher dosage ( 1mg or more ) patient may become dull , less enthisiastic , lack of interest in work or in interaction etc. So as much as possible efforts should be made to reduce the intake of restyl ( let it take 2-3 months ) but if reduction of restyl dose causes significant sleeplessness then it can be continued.

Coming to your second query -- Gas : It is happening due to so many medications . I am not saying that these medications are not needed but what can be done is , instead of given Ecospirin and deplatt separately you can give Tab Deplatt - A ( which is a combination of Ecospirin and deplatt ), also just check if his Hemoglobin is low ( if not then no need for Orofer Xt ). He can continue pan , in addition give him digestive syrup like Aristozyme 2 teaspoons 2-3 times a day.

Coming to your third query : Ankle pains are not due to medications but yes Leg pain could be due to Betaloc or Storvas. But these two medicines have to be continued. If pain is mild he can use Pain killer gel like Volini but if pain is significant ask your doctor for a prescription of NSAID's medications like Zerodol_p or Brufen and use it for 3-4 days.

Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask.

Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Divakara 2 hours later
His stool is also in black color. Thereis blood loss during angioplast and reducdhemoglobin levels hence the dr has prescribed this.wats the reason for gas problem and how can it be permanently cured
Answered by Dr. Divakara 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Gas problem could be due to medications or indigestion.

Detailed Answer:
Gas problem is due to irritation from medications especially ecospirin , deplatt or orofer.

It could also be due to indigestion . Indigestion could be due to less physical activity, liver or pancreas problems. He needs to increase his physical activity, avoid oily food and avoid non veg food, eat more vegetables and fruits.

If still gas problem persists I recommend him to get LFT, Serum Amylase, Lipase and Ultrasound abdomen scan done.

Black color stools could be due to Iron tablets or it could be due to blood in stools. I recommend him to get stool for occult blood to check whether any blood is there in stools.

Regards.
Dr. Divakara