What does this abdominal ultrasound report indicate?

Dr. Amit Jain

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: My whole abdomen Ultrasound Report has following observation:
'Foreshortening and long segment diffuse wall thickening is seen in Ascending Colon, Hepatic Flexure and Proximal Transverse Colon.'
I have attached the complete report as well.
I have more than two motions a day.. And at times have pain in my lower abdomen going to my groin.
I wanted to know if there any direction I can get.
I am already consulting a Doctor, but am scheduled to meet him next to next week. Is there anything alarming that my report shows?
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get colonoscopy examination

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in HCM. I am a Gastroenterologist. I have gone through your reports.
Thickening of bowel wall is to be evaluated by colonoscopy examination. Thickening may be due to some infection or inflammatory cause, in the background of two or more bowel movements per day. So I will you to ask for or undergo colonoscopy examination, stool examination, some blood tests like complete haemogram to see if there is any infection. After these investigations only one can reach to the diagnosis. I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Wish you a good health. If you have further query I will like to answer that too.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj