What does this X-ray regarding ankle distorsion indicate?
hi and welcome to hcm
This is common finding after ankle distorsion and it means that there is swelling caused by joint effusion. it means that fluid is accumulated in soft tissue and inside joint. Congrient joint mean that position of bones in ankle are normal. In every case,this is much less serious than fracture and it will pass within 5-10 days. This fluid willbe resorbed. Sometimes cast and immobilisation is required but usually only rest,leg elevation,analgesia and ice compresses are enough. Wish you good health. Regards
This is still too early for foot specialist. There is probably posttraumatic fibroma or prolonged swelling due to ligament injury. You should rest with immobilised ankle for at least 10 days. After that,you need good physical therapy. Surgery or any invasive procedure is not needed at this point.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Done dexa x-ray what do scores indicate
- What is the meaning of the x ray result
- What does these chest x ray result indicate
- Indications for chest x ray
- What are digital x-rays
- Have had chest x-ray what does it indicate
- What could ruz opacities in x-ray indicate
- What does the findings of the x ray indicate
- Done chest x-ray what doe the report indicate
- What does the x ray of shoulders indicate