What does this X ray of lungs indicate?

Dr. Shashi Dangwal

Pulmonologist

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: my recent x ray shown bronchovascular markings are exaggerated in all zones of both lung fields.
costophrenic and cardiophrenic angles are clear.
Hilar shadows are prominent.
can i fit in medical test for gulf country .
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get a CT chest done.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXX,

You have not mentioned if you suffer from any chest problem like chronic cough, breathlessness or if you are a smoker. Some times in these conditions, there may be prominence of bronchovascular markings.

Some times it may be a normal finding. In your spirometry only the graph is there and various parameters like FEV, FEV1, FEV1/FVC are not there. However, it appears to be more or less normal or there may be slight restriction.

If you have no symptoms and all your other tests are normal, in my opinion rhis should be a problem for your move to gulf country. You may get a CECT chest done as it may reveal if there is anything wrong with the lungs.

Hope this answers your query. if you may have any more, I`ll be glad to answer.
Follow up: Dr. Shashi Dangwal 41 hours later
I have cough sometimes in winter only.i am a non-smoker.
my recent x ray shown bronchovascular markings are exaggerated in all zones of both lung fields.
Hilar shadows are prominent.

This is my requirement for medical condition for gulf country:

1 Lungs:
Applicant should not be suffering from bronchial asthma or any other lung
diseases.
Chest X-ray should indicate that the applicant is free from Tuberculosis or any
signs indicating the existence of fibrosis, calcifications, bronchiectasis or tumor.

2.Tuberculosis any type.
A- Pulmonary by chest X ray showing active or past evidence of old T.B. Including
minimum Fibrosis, calcification and Pleural thickening.
B- Tuberculous Pleural Effusion.
C- Tuberculous Lymphadenitis.

can i fit in this test.
can i required and any medication.to improve my xray report.
thanks
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get a CT chest done.

Detailed Answer:

In your case, the prominent bronchovascular markings may be a normal feature or because of repeated attacks of bronchitis(Cough in winter season). However, prominent hilar shadows may need to be investigated. Therefore, you should get a CT Chest done.

Since you have no symptoms, I do not think that you require any treatment. However CT Chest will help in deciding further course of action.
Follow up: Dr. Shashi Dangwal 2 days later
About 20 year back I will take the 9 month treatment for tuberculosis. Can the attach x ray shown any scar or calcification.
Is there any method for scar removal. .as I want go in gulf country .they do not want any scar .I mentioned the details of gcc medical requirements. Pl read it again and give proper advice.can any yoga is helpful or not.pl also go through my xray sent in earlier message.
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
x ray does not show any scar tissue

Detailed Answer:

From what is visualized, the x ray does not show any scar tissue though the film is not of very good quality.

As I said earlier also, there should not be any problem in your visa, unless they are particular about prominent bronchovascular markings.

There is no way to remove a scar tissue left by TB except removal of that portion of lung if it is causing some serious health issues.

Yoga may help in improving your overall general health but not in removing scar tissue from the lungs.