question-icon

What does this STD test result indicate?

Posted on Thu, 19 May 2016
Question: How do I interpret this reading from an STD test: HSV 1 IgG Type Spec 30.70 high 0.00-0.90
Negative <0.91 Equivocal 0.91-1.09 positive >1.09
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert (49 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
IgG HSV 1

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

You recently had tests for HSV and your results show a high reading of IgG HSV-1 at 30.70. This means that you have had an infection of type 1 HSV sometime in your life, This is the more common HSV associated with clod sores and not the genital type 2 HSV.

In summary you are positive for type 1 HSV or the cold sore variety of herpes

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions
Dr. Ronald Schubert