What does this NST scan report indicate?

Excellent
Question
I'm 38w 2d pregnant... today I did my nst test.... doc left early so I couldn't show reports... I have attached my nst report here .... please can you check and tell me what the report says... is there anything to worry
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ms. XXXX,

I have gone through the attached report and would like to offer you my opinion and explain the findings.

1. The baseline fetal heart rate appears to be around 150. The normal range is between 110-160 beats per minute or bpm.

2. The baseline variability is moderate, which means there is a variability of about 6-25 bpm.

3. There are no late or variable deceleration noted. there seem to be a couple of early decelerations.

4. Accelerations are seen.

Therefore, the test can be considered positive which indicates good acid-base status of the fetus. In other words, the fetus is healthy.

Hope I have clarified your query. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: What does this NST scan report indicate? 4 hours later
Thanks... Today i had scan ... baby weight is 3.6 and afi is 17.6... so afi and baby wt is normal or its more

Brief Answer:
Detailed below.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

The amniotic fluid index is within normal limits. The baby is slightly larger, but within normal range. Heredity also plays a part in the size of the baby.

Hope this helps. Please get back if you need any more information.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: What does this NST scan report indicate? 22 hours later
Thanks... Today I had consultation... on 5th I will b 39w... she told after 5th we can go for csec since baby wt is more, head is nt yet engaged and my height is less... I wanted to know if we should first try for normal delivery.???.. are there any chances of head engagement by next week... if pain in induced then will the baby head get engaged ???

Brief Answer:
Please follow your doctor's instructions.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing again.

I would say it is the decision to be taken by your consultant. This is because the measurement of the pelvis and the baby, the assessment of the pelvis and the chance of cephalopelvic disproportion is best decided through clinical evaluation only.

It is true that late engagement can happen after induction of labor, but if CPD is moderate or severe, this is not possible.

Since the baby is bigger, if you are small statured, the chances of late engagement are likely to be less. So, instead of choosing to have an emergency surgery, it would be better to go for an elective procedure.

Hope this helps.

Wish you safe motherhood.

regards,
Shanti.V.