• question-icon

What does this MRI scan report indicate?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Leg knee injury : MRI Scan report says
1. Mildly displaced distal ACL avulsion fracture.
2. Low grade injury at mid MCL, proximal LCL, femoral attachment of MPFL
3. Moderate to gross amount of lipo-heamarthrosis
4. Intact menisci and PCL
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can heal on conservative treatment.

Detailed Answer:
The MRI scan of the knee injury suggests a mild injury and an avulsion fracture of distal ACL. This is a minor injury and can heal conservatively with rest. Any immediate surgery is not needed. A cast or a knee brace will help. Do consult your orthopedician for proper management.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon