What does this MRI report of the spine indicate?
C 5-6 causing right neural foraminal compromise meen to a layman
There is disc problem causing pinching of nerves in your neck
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Pleae find my observations below.
1. The cervical spine has 7 small bones aligned on top of each other, these are numbered C1 through C7. There are small foramen between these bones. There are spongy discs between these bones, the discs are numbered C2-C3, C4-C4, C4-C5, C5-C6 and C6-C7. On the back side of the vertebral column there is a space containing the spinal cord. Nerves come out of the spinal cord and pass through the foramen at the level of the disc and supply different regions.
2. The discs get degenerated and bulge in to the spinal canal. This backward displacement of disc is called disc bulge and it presses on the nerve at the disc level.
3. Therefore you have got the disc bulge at levels C4-C5 and C5-C6 causing pressure on the nerual foramen on right side at these levels. This presssure on neves is causing pinching and symptoms like numbness and tingling. The nnerve pinching in neck region causes symptoms in hands and nerve pinching in lumbar region which is the lower back caues symptoms in legs. Treatment is with physiotherapy and medicines in mild disc problems and many people feel have a quick recovery phase.
Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does these mri scan of spine indicate
- My mri of lumbar spine report
- Mri of dorsolumbar spine done what does report suggest
- What do the findings in mri scan of spine indicate
- Sample mri report lumbar spine
- What are the findings from the spine mri report
- What does my mri report of spine interpret
- What are the findings from mri of spine
- Does mri reports of spine indicates to be serious
- Done mri of spine what does the report indicate
- Done with CAT scan and ultrasound. Taking Testosterone. Ultrasound...
- Scheduled for fusion of vertebeae and laminectomy. Should I go ahead...
- Fell down and hurt chest. What are the findings in the x-ray report?
- Is there any treatment to increase the size of penis?
- Had a history of colon cancer and had bowel resection. Left butt is...
- Swollen lymph nodes under arms and groin hurts and have sores. Could...
- Suffered arachnoid hemorrhage after head injury. Suffer constant...
- What is the cause for itchy underarms?
- On warfarin for PE. Having bleeding from rectum. Should I go to the ER?
- Taking amoxicillin for sinus infection. Slight fluctuations in...