question-icon

What does this MRI report of shoulder indicate?

Posted on Thu, 19 May 2016
Question: Had an mri of shoulder after rotator cuff surgery in September due to new injury. Report said there was severe tendinopathy with a partial tear. What is your prognosis?
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
With proper conservative measures prognosis will be good.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM.

I have gone through your query. Surgery is not necessary for partial thickness tear. With proper conservative therapy partial rotator cuff tear and tendinopathy will a good prognosis.

Meloxicam and tramadol will be helpful for pain relief. You should also get a consultation with physitherapist. He/she will give you massage therapy and guide you to do specific exercises for strengthening rotator cuff. With a 12 week of physiotherapy and exercises you may get relief.
If there is no improvement or worsening then you can consider surgical management.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Dr. Nishad BN