What does this MRI report indicate?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Sir i have back ace i have also done the MRI
Fri, 11 May 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Mild degenerative disc changes at the level of L4-L5.

Detailed Answer:
i have seen the attached report. The findings are suggestive of mild degenerative disc changes at the level of L4-L5.
The treatment is done according to the severity of symptoms. Medicines are the first line treatment along with physiotherapy. If the patient responds well with medicines then physiotherapy helps in preventing further progression of the problem.
The main treatment of such problem is bed rest along with pain killers and muscle relaxants. You are already having the correct medicines.
Local analgesic gels and hot fomentation may provide a short term relief. You can use analgesic gels like Volini gel. Exercise is not advisable in the times of acute pain.
Using an LS contour belt of appropriate size might be helpful in providing support to back muscles.
Physiotherapy also plays a major role in treating such conditions. Epidural steroid injections have been used if oral pain killers are not very effective.
Discuss with your orthopedician and an appropriate treatment can be planned depending on the response to medical drugs.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow-up: What does this MRI report indicate? 2 hours later
Sir Please review the attached prescription and suggest

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
The medicines given are correct.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
I have seen the attached prescription. The medicines given are correct and will help in improvement. Increasing the fluid intake will also help.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.