• question-icon

What does this MRI report indicate?

Posted on Fri, 4 Aug 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: lower back pain radiating down left leg. MRI SHOWS L 3-4 dISC BULDGE BILATERAL FORAMINAL STENOSIS
L4-5 SEVERE CANAL STENOSIS. GRADE 1 ANTEROLISTHESIS DEGENERATIVE RELATED TO FACET ARTHROPATHY. SEVERE CANAL STENOSIS. ADDED SYMPTOMS LOSS OF BLADDER CONTROL. WAS SET TO HAVE RADIOFREQUENCY BURN TODAY TILL MEMTIONED BLADDER SYMPTOMS. WET THE BED 2 DAYS AGO AND IN EARLY MORNING GET UP CAN'T MAKE TO BATHROOM IN TIME TO PEE. also feel that I can't empty bladder. Need to talk to Neurosurgeon
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Surgery ASAP.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

If you were my patient, I certainly would have recommended surgery as soon as possible, since you started having bladder control issues, in order to prevent deterioration and to give you a chance to improve (if there are no major contraindications to surgery).

In your case, posterior decompression of neural structures (laminectomy) and stabilization seems the more accurate solution.

Discuss with your Neurosurgeon about these issues.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical