What does this MRI report indicate?

Posted on Thu, 6 Jul 2017 in Back Pain
Question: Hi I recently had these finding I'm an MRI without contrast : bilateral low grade proximal hamstring tendon tears from the ischial tuberosities,a sub cortical cyst change in the left ischial tuber2, an 8 mm bone island in the left acetabullum and mild fluid bolateral in the trochanterior butsae. .I have had him and buttock pain for over 1 year. Would these finding be the cause of this pOn. The pain has been greater on the left and includes pain up into my lower right back quadrant ,which is new .I have chronic mid to low back bin due to severe dessciation and debeneration of multi levels in the spine from T 11 thru the scarum. .
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can cause the hip pain.

Detailed Answer:
The cyst near the ischial tuberosity and the tendon tears can cause the chronic hip pain that you have. These are all degenerative changes and cannot be corrected to a large extent surgically. Only pain medicines muscle relaxants and physiotherapy can help in restricting the disability to some extent. The disc desiccation at multiple levels adds to the back pain and further postural disturbances.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon