What does this MRI report indicate?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 6 Jun 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I am a 72 year old man. I have a lot of distortion in my Lumbar and have had three MRIs this past 12 months.
Recently I had trouble swallowing and the Neurologist put me on Mestanon. This relieved the swallowing issue. An upper GI Doctor ran some tests and stated I have an abdominal ulcer and I am now having pains there and some fungus growing in my esophagus. In the past week I have become very week and unstable.
The Meds I take are, Percocet QID, Lorazepam2mg, TID, Mestanon, qid, predison, once daily, folic acid, Neurontin, atoravostatin. I also had a renal cyst drained six months back. At about the same time I had an ablation of my prostate due to varying symptom. The symptom have now returned. Thanks for any answers you may offer.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please provide more information.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

It is necessary to provide some more information about your condition such if your symptoms worsen with physical activity, if you have any trouble with your vision, etc.

It is also necessary to upload the MRI reports in order to understand better your condition.

Stomach ulcer may be caused by drugs you use, especially prednisone, so, stopping it and being treated with Omeprazole is necessary.

Mestinon is a drug used to improve symptoms of myasthenia gravis, so, this condition should be investigated further by getting evaluated by a Neurologist and by tests.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Awaiting for more information.....
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 19 hours later
I was examined by a Neurologist and he diagnosed the Myasthenia Gravis. I have attached the Dec MRI report. I am having problems walking and my legs are becoming very weak. The Neurologist, who is one of the highest rated also diagnosed Neuropathy in all four limbs. My main concern is not to question the other neurologist but to get any additional input that might help such as a certain type physical therapy.

Thanks for any input
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Mainly lumbosacral traction.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back and thanks for providing the MRI report.

Okay, there are three issues to be treated for, myasthenia gravis, peripheral neuropathy and lumbar spine stenosis.

Since your Neurologist diagnosed you I assume that he prescribed the treatment about these conditions too.

About lumbar spine stenosis, treatment consists on antineuralgic drugs use, physical therapy ( mainly lumbosacral traction techniques ), epidural injections, and if these measures fail to improve your condition, decompressesive and stabilizing surgery.

Hope I helped you.

Kind regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad