What does this MRI report indicate?
The alignment is anatomic. Vertebral body height is normal without compression deformity. Postoperative changes are seen at L4 L5. There is intervertebral disc space narrowing at L4 L5 and L5 S1. Facet hypertrophy is noted throughout the lumbar spine.
Plain English: Arthritic and surgical changes seen within the lumbar spine
Thank you for your question.
In Plain English the statements tell us that the radiologist has noted changes in the anatomy of your spine at L4/L5 where it appears surgery has been performed. The thickness of your disc between spinal levels L4/L5 and L5/S1 is less than normal (normal aging changes, mild osteoarthritis, or surgical healing).
Otherwise, the balance of the changes noted are what would be seen in mild to moderate cases of arthritis seen in someone your age who has been doing a modest amount of manual labor over the years or putting some degree of frequent pressure, repetitive movement, or other mechanical stress on the lumbar spine (facet hypertrophy).
If I've provided useful and helpful information to your questions could you do me a huge favor by CLOSING THE QUERY and be sure to include some fine words of feedback along with a 5 STAR rating? Again, many thanks for submitting your inquiry and please let me know how things turn out.
Do not forget to contact me in the future at: www.bit.ly/drdariushsaghafi for additional questions, comments, or concerns having to do with this topic or others.
This query has utilized a total of 15 minutes of professional time in research, review, and synthesis for the purpose of formulating a return statement.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the meaning of the mri report
- What are the findings of the mri report
- What does these mri report of brain indicate
- What does the mri report indicate
- Done mri of back what does the reports indicate
- What is the interpretation of the mri report
- What does the mri report suggest
- Got an mri scan what does this report indicate
- What does word indication on a mri report indicate
- Done mri of spine what does the report indicate
- Suggest treatment for numbness in my left hand’s fingers
- Suggest treatment for numbness in the fingers
- Suggest treatment for pain and stiffness in the neck
- Suggest treatment for severe throat pain
- What does this MRI report indicate?
- Can an epileptic person take Vistaril?
- Suggest remedies for dizziness after electroconvulsive therapy treatment
- Suggest remedies for intolerance to Trazodone
- Suggest treatment for nausea, weakness and low BP
- What causes high BP and pulsating sensation in the throat and abdomen?