• question-icon

What does this MRI report indicate?

Posted on Fri, 27 May 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: My cousine has fainted suddenly with foam filled mouth. He forgot how he fell or what happened.
Attached is his MRI.
I add that few months ago he was kidnapped and tortured for 2-3 weeks before he was released in January.
He is 22 years old
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probably seizure. Neurologist consultation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your query and understand your concerns.

Retrocerebellar arachnoid cyst found on MRI is probably a incidentally finding ( by chance ), since it doesn't cause any mass effect on adjacent brain tissue.

I don't think this cyst is the cause of your cousin's episode of loosing consciousness.

That episode was probably a seizure and I suggest you to discuss with a Neurologist about your cousin's episode and the possibility of further evaluation with electroencephalography ( EEG ).

Kidnapping may contribute by its psychological effects that overload brain functions.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical