What does this MRI report indicate?
Hello! I read your question carefully and I understand your concern in front of unknown medical terms.
I'll start right away by saying that those findings do not indicate anything dangerous, you should rest assured about that.
Every human being undergoes some changes with age, the brain and its blood vessels included. These changes include some narrowing of the blood vessels more noticeable in the smallest vessels which have the smallest caliber. This is what the term "microangiopathy" refers to, scattered changes in the brain matter due to narrowing of blood vessels.
The term chronic means it is something which has happened slowly over many years, as I said part of aging.
The supratentorial white matter refers to the location of these changes, it is the usual location where these changes happen first, nothing uncommon about that.
Now of course it would be preferable if you had no such changes at all, but as I said almost all have some changes, some sooner some a little later as they age. It would have been worrying if the report said that the changes were advanced, but it says they are minimal, so nothing alarming, it is only a coincidental finding, doesn't cause any symptoms.
So you do not need to do anything particular about the report. The only thing is pay attention to conditions which might influence there vessel changes, accelerate them in time. Such conditions (if present) are high blood pressure, diabetes, smoking, high cholesterol, sedentary lifestyle should be addressed, otherwise nothing to be done about that.
I remain at your disposal for other questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the meaning of the mri report
- What are the findings of the mri report
- What does these mri report of brain indicate
- What does the mri report indicate
- Done mri of back what does the reports indicate
- What is the interpretation of the mri report
- What does the mri report suggest
- Got an mri scan what does this report indicate
- What does word indication on a mri report indicate
- Done mri of spine what does the report indicate
- What causes vision issues and incoordination inspite of being on...
- What causes swollen artery in neck area along with painful swollen right...
- What causes pain in back of head?
- What causes episodes of temporary dizziness and imbalance while or after...
- Is it safe to vaporize Cannabis one month before a major back surgery?
- Suggest treatment for episodes of amnesia, nausea and severe imbalance
- How permanent a spinal cord contusion can be?
- Does Cocaine increase the risk for stroke?
- What causes headache and neck ache in a patient with head injury?
- Suggest treatment for sinus congestion that disturbs sleep due to...