What does this MRI finding of spine indicate?
MRI suggests mild degenerative disc disease of cervical & lumbar region.
MRI findings suggests mild degenerative disc disease of cervical and lumbar region.
It is due to chronic stress on annulus fibrosis.
At C4-5 level,there is tiny posterior prolapsed inter vertebral disc(PIVD) without central canal stenosis.
At C5-6 level,there are osteophytes formation which is causing moderate narrowing of right lateral neural foramen and mild narrowing of left neural foramen.Osteophytes are formed due to chronic pull on annulus fibrosis.
At C6-7 level there is broad disc prolapse and osteophyte formation which is causing mild narrowing of right lateral neural foramen.
There is loss of normal cervical lordosis which may be due to muscle spasm.
In lumbar region there is mild disc prolapse at multiple levels without central canal or lateral neural foramen narrowing.There are also degenerative changes in facets joints(bony joint in between two vertebra).
Majority of the cases of degenerative spine disease are benefited by physiotherapy and analgesics.Since you have mild findings,so you should try physiotherapy first.
Surgery should be last option.
Treatment can be planned after consultation with neurologist.
Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the findings from mri of cervical spine
- What does these mri scan of spine indicate
- Had mri for lumbosacral spine what does findings indicate
- Mri of cervical spine done what does findings suggest
- What do the findings in mri scan of spine indicate
- What are the findings from the spine mri report
- Mri of lumbar spine done what does findings suggest
- Done mri of spine what does the report indicate
- Mri of spine done what does the findings mean
- What are the findings from mri of spine