What does this KUB scan report indicate?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Hello doc. my KUB scan report shows 3.3*4.4*2 mm sizes calculus density 166 hu is seen in the left ureterovesical junction with mild proximal hydroureteronephrosis, and 2.4 *1.5*1 mm sized nonobstructive calculus density 90 in lower calys of right kidney,no other significant abnormality bseen in kub region, is that swelling is due to this stone?Pls guide. My doc said it will go naturally,just started urimax.pls advice
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 38 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hydronephrosis is due to obstruction to flow of urine from kidney to Bladde

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts and reports that you have posted you have impacted stone of a size of 3.3*4.4 mm at the level of Vesico Ureteric Junction of Left ureter with mild hydroureteronephrosis of left kidney and left upper ureter .

This is due to obstruction to flow of urine from left kidney down into bladder caused by stone being impacted at UVjunction which is narrow at UVJ..However there is nothing to be worried about it it will get resolved once the stone moves down into bladder .

As regards stone in Rt lower calyx you can expect it to pass down and out through external meatus through urine .

Continue taking Urimax prescribed by your physician .It helps to dilate the ureter and thereby to pass down the stone in bladder which is eventually passed out through Urethra with urine .

Ensure to drink more water to produce more urine

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Than