What does this IVP report indicate?

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist

Posted on Sat, 24 Sep 2016 in General Health
Question: Sir I XXXXXXX 32 year male due to I.V.P. Test Result -1- Right Kidney appears normal,2. Right ureter appears normal ,3- Left Kidney is not visiualized, 4- A Radio opaque shadow seen in left renal region, IMPRESSION - 1-A Radio opaque shadow seen in left renal region,2-?? Non functional left kidney due to presence of stone, Please suggest as per my symptom best diagonise and also suggest DR in XXXXXXX /Lucknow

Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is a problem in left kidney due to possible stone,requires evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in.

The IVP report shows the following
1. The right kidney is normal.
2. The left kidney is not clearly visualised with a likely stone seen in the region.

This can mean that there is a suspected stone in the left kidney which has caused a decrease in its function due to obstruction in urinary passage.

It is recommended that you get an ultrasound scan abdomen and CT scan KUB plain done to know in detail about the left kidney and possible stone in it.

Regarding doctors in XXXXXXX you can consult urologist in SGPGI XXXXXXX for best treatment.

Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.