What does this HSG test report indicate?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Fri, 17 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: hello doctor
i have Done hsg and report says uterine cavity normal both ovaries normal in caliber contrast spillage seen on left side but no obvious contrast spillage in right side .is my right tube have blockage?and iui will work for me or please give me any suggestions my age is 31 my husband sperm report is normal.i m having pcos but having regular periods 28 days cycle and also not having ovulation problem.my height is 5.7 weight is 65.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
IUI can be done

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Non spillage of XXXXXXX from right side is suggestive of blockage of tube.
IUI can be done in unilateral tubal blockage and pregnancy can occur if all the other investigation are normal.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 54 minutes later
can u please explain in detail iui Done in unilateral tubal blockage means

how to find right tube having blockage or not.because in hsg not given exact result
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Diagnostic laparoscopy

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, Tubal patency can be confirmed by diagnostic laparoscopy.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng