What does this HIV test report indicate?

Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Mon, 6 Mar 2017 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Kindly give me outlook on hiv report.
Is it postive or negative?
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The result is negative.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome to HCM.

The report of HIV RNA PCR is negative so don't get worried or tensed. Tell me in detail about exposure so that I can explain you in much better way.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 11 minutes later
Dear Sir

exposure was about before 15 days i had given blood in local lab but i dont know whether they used new needle or not. so i taken this test.

Do i need to repeat the test
Brief Answer:
No need to repeat the test.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome back and thanks for follow-up.

The exposure in your case is very unlikely because all the labs must have to use new needle while collecting the blood. Another thing is HIV virus will not survive in dried blood or in an open environment outside the human body so allay the fear or anxiety as the risk of getting HIV infection is rare and that is why you need not to go for repeat test. Be relaxed and move on in life happily.

Thank You