What does this EEG report indicate?
EEG Obtained with 10-20 system of electrode application. Pt was sleep during the recording .Back ground activity consist of theta activity. Bilateral sharp waves are seen.
Abnormal EEG record suggestive of generalised seizure disorder.
Kindly explain me what is the problem and probable solution on this.
EEG findings interpretation
Hi, thanks for asking from HCM.
I can understand your concern. Your nephew is having abnormal current like discharge from brain. These discharges cause sudden activation of whole muscles and lead to "seizures or fits or epilepsy".
Seizure is a medically treatable condition. But you must get his MRI brain done to rule out any lesion in brain. To control seizures, you can consult paediatrician or neurologist . He will start any of below medication according to his body weight
: Syrup VALPROATE 20-25mg/kg body weight in two divided dose
: Syrup PHENOBARBITONE 1-2mg/kg body weight
Usually valproate is sufficient to control it. You can start it after proper prescription. Before starting it, kindly get his platelets and liver function test done.
Hope it will help him. If still any doubt, do let me know.
Thanks. Take care
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does the medical report indicate
- What does the ecg report indicate
- What does the sperm report indicate
- What does my report indicate
- What does the fnac report indicate
- What does the culture report indicate
- What does the test report indicate
- What does word indication on a mri report indicate
- What does the eeg report mean
- Pregnant what does the report indicate
- What causes feeling of fluid rushing from throat to base of spine?
- Suggest remedies for migraine headache for a thyroid patient
- What do my MRI scan test report indicate?
- What causes lower back pain while on bladder control product?
- Is there a nerve in back that would cause numbness in foot?
- What causes sharp pain in back of head and neck?
- Suggest treatment for migraine
- Suggest treatment for side effects of Depakote
- Does intake of Dart help in treating headache?
- What causes tingling and pain in hands and feet?