• question-icon

What does this ECG report indicate?

Posted on Thu, 6 Jul 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi attached is my ECG report could you please confirm if it's normal? I had pain in my chest left side and the doc said to do ECG AND TMT.
Tomorrow m going to do my TMT but curious to know if the attached ecg is normal
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Normal ekg.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking query,
Yes your ekg is normal.However its one of the basic tests of cardiology and as you are having chest pains you should go for more specific tests like TMT and 2D echo.Combined together they are more then 80% sensitive to rule out coronary artery disease.

Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rishu Saxena 1 hour later
Hi I had a very mild localised chest pain for 3 days and now I don't have any pain . Doc prescribed me antacid and muscle relaxant tablets. He suspected muscle strain/ pull..now I don't have any pain.
Now should I still go for TMT.
Are you advising me to go for TMT by seeing ECG report or your saying just for a safe side?
Just want to ensure that my ECG report is 100% normal and there are no any abnormal variations that your forced asking me to go for TMT? Please confirm
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Dear patient.
Hello again,
Unless you are a chronic smoker or you have strong history of cardiac problem in your family i don't think that you need to go for further tests.
Your Ecg is normal and pain was most likely either muscular or gastric.
If you were my patient i would not have suggested you to go for any further tests.

Thank you.

Dr. Rishu Saxena

Cardiologist