What does this ECG report indicate?

Dr. Sameer Maheshwari

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Pls find attached ECG report of a client aged 75 years who is option for an insurance policy. Client is a known case of Hypertension 8 yrs, Benign prostate Hypertrophy, Hypothyroidism 6 yrs, Left hernia surgery done in 2012. Request you to kindly opine on the attached ECG
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Increased PR interval & Left axis deviation

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome.
This is Dr Sameer, cardiologist.
The ECG is suggestive of increased PR Interval & Left axis deviation.
In simple words, Left axis deviation of heart means that left side of heart is more dominant than right. It can be because of thickened Heart(LVH) which is very common in hypertensive patients.
Increased PR interval can be because of electrolyte imbalance & is not much significant here.
So to summarize, in broader terms - The ECG does not show much abnormality.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj