What does this ECG report indicate?

Dr. Meriton Siqeca

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 17 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hello. I have been under going a series of tests due to Bradycardia with consistently lowering Heart rate over the last 4 years. I am now at a resting heartrate of 41bpm. I am a 49 year old female and I am curious if there is any indication of an underlying cause such as Mobitz and how that is determined. I have had several incidents including syncope, lightheadedness, dizziness, etc....
Here is my ECG Results:
Vent Rate: 41BPM
RR Interval: 1445 ms
PR Interval: 164 ms
QRS Duration: 94 ms
QT Interval: 423 ms
QT Dispersion: 24 ms
P-R-T Axis: 6 degrees 10 degrees 18 degrees
I realize all of this information is speculative and only provides an overview but if you could possibly shed some insight and perhaps some suggestions for how I should consider proceeding to get a cause and solution, I would appreciate it greatly.
Answered by Dr. Meriton Siqeca 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Some more specific tests

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to HCM. Thank you for your question. I understand your concern.

The reading from your electrocardiographic study are all within the normal range. The normal heart rate, standardized in the worldwide population, is 60 - 100 beats per minute. However, there are certain periods of the day, for example during evenings and sleep, when there is a domination of the vagal tone, and the heart beat may drop down to 45-48 beats per minute. Also, there is a characteristic in people who were highly trained or athletes formerly, who have a resting heart rate aroung 45-50 beats per minute.

The Mobitz conduction abnormalities are easy to detect, since they appear in the electrocardiogram, which, in your case is not. However, although I can see you have worn a monitor and nothing was showed, I would recommend you to wear a 24 or 48 hour Holter rhythm monitor to see what happens to the electrical and conduction systems of the heart, when you suffer from such symptoms. And, if none of the symptoms appear while you are wearing the monitor, then there are more specific monitoring device, some of which also have a manual switch, whereby the registering can be started when one is having the symptoms. Depending on the results of the long-duration monitoring, then further tests or treatment may be required.

I hope I was helpful with my answer. I am happy to help, if you have any follow-up questions.

Best regards,
Dr. Meriton
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D