What does this ECG report indicate?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 29 Oct 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Change in P-R-T Axis. My EKG are all almost the same except my last one. Normal was 73, 67, 61. Last EKG was 47, 57, 59
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It signifies nothing dangerous.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Wellcome and thank you for asking on HCM! Regarding your concern I would like to explain that after reviewing your uploaded ECG, I would conclude that a pattern of incomplete right bundle branch block is present.

This may be explained by a pulmonary disorder, like COPD, sleep apnea disorder, etc.

Slight P-R-T axis changes are common in the settings of such disorders, and may be triggered by respiration phases.

You don't have to worry about that!

It signifies nothing dangerous.

Hope to have been helpful to you!

Feel free to ask me whenever you need!

Greetings! Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 14 minutes later
Not sure if the website showed both EKGs. So sorry just wanted to see if you have looked at the one dated 10/08/15. Should I not worry about the (Septal T wave changes non-specific diagnosis? I uploaded that EKG.
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Don't worry: there is nothing new with your ECGs.

Detailed Answer:

Dear XXXX!

I reviewed also the last uploaded ECG, and would like to explain that the incomplete bundle branch block has been present, though in a slightly different pattern.

This explains also those nonspecific T wave changes, but nothing new, it is a chronic condition.

Coming to this point, I would suggest a differential diagnosis of a pulmonary disorder, interventricular septal hypertrophy, etc.

A cardiac ultrasound, chest X ray study, pulmonary function tests, are necessary for a thorough diagnostic work up.

And remember that earlobe crease is considered a coronary risk factor. You should check your fasting blood lipid profile to rule out a possible dyslipidemia.

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri