What does this CT scan report indicate?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I've had years of joint pain and muscle pain. My wrist, elbows, fingers also. I have severe fatigue. Also I have butterfly rash. Lab word Sedrate 45, ANA180and cpr elatated. I've also had ulcers in my mouth. WBc 12.8

My CT read chronic Granolomatous disease and Basiiar atelectasis. What does that mean?
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Lupus

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Inherited immunodeficiency disease.

Detailed Answer:
Chronic Granulomatous Disease (CGD) is an inherited primary immunodeficiency disease (PIDD) which increases the body's susceptibility to infections caused by certain bacteria and fungi. Granulomas are masses of immune cells that form at sites of infection or inflammation. The joint pain and raised crp and ANA are suggestive of an autoimmune disorder.
Basilar atelectasis s a complete or partial collapse of a lung or lobe of a lung — develops when the tiny air sacs (alveoli) within the lung become deflated. This can be related to an infection or inflammation.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal