• question-icon

What does this CT scan report indicate?

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: Focal hypoattenuation in the right parietal periventricular white matter. This could reflect the sequela of microangiopathy, however given its focality, if there is concern for infarction MRI may be obtained.

Please explain this report, I don't know what it means. I had a concern about memory issues, my Dr ordered a non contrast Ct scan. This is the radiologist report. My physician is on vacation.
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
This may be due to ischemic changes,vasculitis (microangiopathy) etc.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to HealthcareMagic,
I've gone through your query and understand your concern,

CT findings suggests a small focal hypodense lesion in white matter of right parietal region.
This may be due to ischemic changes(decreased blood supply),vasculitis (microangiopathy) etc.
You may need MRI(brain) for further evaluation.
Generally this is not a very serious finding.
This may be due to chronic hypertension,diabetes mellitus etc.
You may need to control these factors if present.

Get well soon.

Hope I have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr. Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist